Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Buttons







Taline Al Rasheed


Technique: Drawing and adding materials on a boar.


Statement: A lot of people that do not know much about Islam might think that Muslim women are nothing but passive creatures. However, this is not the case at all. Islam gave many rights to women and encouraged them to be an essential part of society. In my art project I would like to deconstruct this stereotype of Muslim women.


Inspiration: Emirati artist Afrah bin Dhaher that depicts the pressure of Muslim women in her art and how those women carry on and overcome such pressures. In most of her works of art, the subject is a veiled woman trying to reach something. Colors are essential in her work which symbolizes hope for those struggling women.



Biography: My name is Taline, media student majoring in Digital production and storytelling. My interests include script writing and directing or filming films/videos. I enjoy art and it is an essential element in my major which is my passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment