Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Create

Nirmal Ghaghda




I’m an Indian but I was born and brought up in Dubai. Islam has always been a huge part of my life. My friends are Muslims, we celebrate Eid and Christmas with as much enthusiasm as we celebrate Diwali. We try not to eat in public during Ramadan and lower the volume of music during adhaan time. I don’t believe that just because I’m a Hindu I can’t be respectful towards other religions and cultures. I’m surrounded by so many Muslims, Christians and Hindus that it is only natural that the beauty of these religions has influenced me in more ways than just a few mentioned. Talking about Islam, in its core is a loving religion. It’s helpful, it’s kind, and it’s accepting and most of all its home.

The beauty of Islam cannot only be seen in its people but also in its writing, its painting, its domes and  mosques. My artwork isn’t inspired by anyone specific but it only shows parts of Islamic Calligraphy and the thoughts I have on Islam.

I tried to portray that Islam rejects all racial, political, ethnological, tribal, geographical, economic, intellectual, cultural, social and military segregation. It is worthy of note that numerous Qur’anic Verses deal with factors leading ‘believing community’ to perils and forbids people from the same.
 
The art addresses the members of human society and expresses the most significant principle guaranteeing discipline and stability and the true standard of human values against false values. In other words Islam actually bears the message of peace and equality. We live in the 21st century and in this world we do not judge people based on race and religion. The stereotype about the Muslim community is very violent. However, this community in reality promotes stability and peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment