Thursday, April 2, 2015

It’s my LIFE



 Gaurav Gurani

I am Gaurav Gurnani, an Indian born in Spain, brought up in Dubai, studied in America and has now moved back to Dubai. Traveling the world is my favorite hobby and I believe that the world follows one religion, and that is globalization. Connecting people and eliminating differences is what is key to success to a better and more technological advanced world.

This artwork is a graffiti style of art work. It is inspired by Muhamad Ali, an English street artist. He is well known for combining street art with Islamic script and patterns. His art is inspired by Islam, it carries a universal message that people of all faiths and backgrounds can appreciate.

After researching about his art, I decided to create something of my own. There are stereo types about every culture in this world and in this modern time, such behavior is considered childish and of low standard. As Muhamad Ali, I decided to put a message out there where I want to tell people “live and let live”. No one has the right to judge someone based on race, color and religion.

In this modern world we all follow one principle and that it humanity. Every individual has the right to believe in what he/she thinks is right and live with peace in harmony with his/her fellow human beings. We all should have one moto and that is improve humanity and help the underprivileged.

The reason I chose this style of art is because it represents one thing I believe in and that is, however modern you are, your morals and what describe you. Being from a newer generation/non-orthodox culture does not mean that you do not have good morals or values. As no one has the right to judge you, you have no right to judge others.

DO NOT JUDGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment