Wednesday, June 10, 2015

On Women in Islam



By Tanya Valentina Shihab Fitoria

My artwork consists of a beautiful verse from the Quran, a Hijabi, and a blooming rose. I decided to touch the subject of women in Islam because I detest the speculations other people tend to make of this religion, especially when the topic is about women. We have all read the articles, or seen the news about how females do not matter in Islam, or how they are being oppressed by extremists. However, this is the only side the media expose the rest of the world to. The media tends to keep a blind eye to the other more loving and caring side of this religion of peace. Of course, we can argue that there are extremists who have done one too many terrible things, but so have other religious extremists in other eras, and these extremists should not even be classified by religion, as the Quran does not mention anything that could be close to terrorizing.

I had my inspiration by looking at What is Past, Im Moving On by Lester Amacio, an artist exhibiting his work at FN Designs.

A3, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

My name is Tanya Valentina Shihab Fitoria. I have daily influences from my Jordanian father, and my Nicaraguan mother. I was born and raised in the United Arab Emirates, studying V.C (Advertising). 


No comments:

Post a Comment