Tuesday, June 9, 2015

You Kill One, You Kill All Of Humanity





 By Nour Al Rizaiqi

The art piece that I chose to create is very unique. Since this project is mainly about Islam and Peace, I decided to connect it with humanity and death. I first researched a specific Surah from the Qur’an and I found Surah 5, verse 32. “On that account We ordained for the Children of Isra’il that if anyone slew a person – unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land – it would be as if he slew the whole humanity: and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the whole humanity: Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear (guidance), yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excess in the land. (5:32). In this verse I specifically chose this part (unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land – it would be as if he slew the whole humanity), because this short verse in the Qur’an is so powerful. It has so much meaning to it and it is something not only Muslims should abide by for the rest of there lives. 

For my art piece I decided to use a 77 cm by 33 cm black frame, inside the frame I also cut out a 77 cm by 33 cm back paper and I painted white stickman figures all over the paper and over the stick figures I wrote the short verse that I chose in pink/red and also colored one large sized human next to it to emphasize on the verse, by killing one, you kill all of humanity. 

What influenced me to design this unique art work was because I truly believe if one person that has a heart to kill another human, then in Allah’s eyes its as if he killed all of humanity. In Islam all of us are brothers and sisters in Allah’s eyes, and this surah made me open my eyes about everything that has happened and is still happening in this world. As humans we all think it is fine to murder a person if he or she does something bad to us, but what people need to really do is think twice about doing something before its too late. Islam is a very peaceful religion and its sad how most of the Muslim countries in this century is at war, instead of helping each other out they are slaughtering there own brothers and sisters. All this just because they want power, but I believe in the day of judgment and when there day comes they will be judged for the wrongs and rights that they have done in there life.

No comments:

Post a Comment