Monday, December 7, 2015

FAITH

 
BY MARIYA LI

I chose to make an art piece that could bring together different people and can relate to a larger audience, even if they, like me are not Muslims, neither speak Arabic. In order to do that I chose a word that can be related to a number of themes and interpreted differently by the audience, "faith" and wrote it in English but with an Arabic calligraphy style. I chose this word because I believe it inspires hope, which is also portrayed through the eyes in the background of the painting. Personally I interpret the word as "faith in humanity", whereas others may think of it in a more religious setting. My goal was to bring people together through the artwork; English and Arabic, believers and non-believers towards the same end goal of peace.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment