Sunday, May 29, 2016

Agia Sophia

By Zeina Khawaja





This is two-selection piece of artwork made by me of a representation of a mosque, which is inspired by the Hagia Sophia Museum. The big main canvas is an A3 canvas and the smaller one is the size of an A4. The materials I used to compose this selection are Acrylic paints for the colors, acrylic pens for the outlines, and textiles for decoration.

After my first visit to Turkey, one of the most inspiring places I have visited over there was Hagia Sophia Museum, knowing that it was a church that turned into a mosque that is presently a museum inspired me and made me wonder how could one place like that, embrace two religions in a one lifetime. In my opinion, I interpret that as unity of multiple religions in one single place but at different timings. So having this project, the first figure I could think of is the Hagia Sophia Museum to represent peace among all religions.


1 comment:

  1. Nice post,i like it.Artists who have worked hard and are famous for their brilliant art work and even those who have just begun painting are all provided a platform by Cross Borders. It is operational since 2013 and is located at Mina road, Dubai, so CrossBorder represents the value of Art in Dubai.

    ReplyDelete